Conferences & Seminars
- Scholarship under the Huygens Scholarship Program (HSP) for pursuing Masters at TU Delft.
- 1st prize in the Interaction/ Graphic design category of the Kyocera Wireless Design Competition 2006, a national level design competition.
- Institute Silver Medal (given to departmental toppers) at IIT Guwahati.
- Merit Scholarship, IIT Guwahati, for the academic year 2002- 2003 and 2004-2005 for being the departmental topper of the academic year.
- "Best Student" award in school, 2001.
- National Scholarship Scheme Merit Certificate from Director of Education, Govt. of N.C.T of Delhi Certification for being among top 0.5% students in Social Science in Xth CBSE Exam.
- DD 104 Applied Science for Design
- DD 211 User Research Methods
- DD 301 Introduction to Interaction Design
- DD 302 Design Analysis
- DD 312/ DD 324 Plastics and Composites
- DD 413 Design Seminar
- DD 410 Design Management
- DD 521 System Design for Sustainability
- DD 601 Usability Engineering
- DD 606 Product Detailing
- DD 709 Design-based Project
Workshops & Seminars
- Workshop on “Design thinking for sustainable product design” for AICTE - ISTE Sponsored
One Week - Online Induction/ Refresher Programme on “Design Thinking to Augment 21st Century Skills” scheduled at RV College of Engineering on 10/12/2021.
- Keynote address on “Sustainable technologies for post COVID world”, in the Northeast Green Summit 2021, organized by National Institute of Technology Silchar on 17/ 11/ 2021.
- Keynote lecture for AICTE ATAL online FDP on “Design thinking for sustainable product design” scheduled at Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College, Tirupati on 16/09/2021.
- Guest lecture on “Sustainability”, scheduled at SPA Bhopal on 02/03/2021.
- Workshop on “Life Cycle Assessment of building materials” for Phase II AICTE sponsored short term training program on “Conservation of Energy and Environment through Sustainable Engineering” scheduled at Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi on 04/02/2021.
- Workshop on “Life Cycle Assessment of building materials” for Phase I AICTE sponsored short term training program on “Conservation of Energy and Environment through Sustainable Engineering” scheduled at Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi on 07/01/2021.
- Workshop on "Design thinking for sustainable product design” for FDP on “Design thinking” scheduled at Oriental Institute of Science and Technology (OIST), Bhopal on 09/09/2020.
- Lecture on “Ergonomics and the Social Dimensions of Design for Sustainability” at TEQIP - Ergonomics In Design And Engineering Education, IIT Guwahati, 11/01/2020.
- Panelist in the session on "Pedagogy, Industry & Social responsibility” at symposium on “THINK IN - Sustainable Design & Humanism - A road map from Industry 4.0 to Society 5.0”, organized by National Institute of Design Madhya Pradesh (NIDMP), 19/12/2019.
- Workshop on “Design for Sustainability” at Avantika University, Ujjain, 9 - 14th September 2019.
- Workshop on “Cognitive Skills, Design Thinking and Critical Thinking” at St. Mary’s College, Shillong, 24th June 2019.
- Co-organized the LeNS World Distributed Conference titled, “Designing Sustainability for All” in Bangalore from 3-5th April 2019.
- GCRF Ocean Plastics India Workshop, IISc Bangalore, 28-29 March 2018.
- Lecture on “Sustainable Product-Service System Design” at Reflux 2018, IIT Guwahati, 18th March 2018.
- 2 Week Course on “System Design for Sustainability” with global faculty and schools from different parts of India under LeNS, conducted at IIT Guwahati from 12 - 23 Feb 2018.
- Intermediate Meeting of the LeNSin Project, Curitiba, Brazil from 3-5 October 2017.
- Pilot course on Sustainable Product Service System Design applied to Distributed Economics at Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology Bangalore with the international LeNS team. The students explored the concepts of S.PSS and DE at Channaptna, a town in Karnataka, India famous for its lacquered wooden toys. 13-25th Feb 2017.
- Seminar on Sustainable Product Service System Design under the aegis of LeNSin (The International Learning Network of networks on Sustainability (http://www.lens-international.org)is an EU-supported (ERASMUS+) with Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bengaluru, 10 - 11th November 2016.
- Invited as Resource Person for design workshop at Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat, under DIC project, 26-27 October 2016.
- Lecture on “Design for Sustainability” at TEQIP-II program on “Product Development and Value Engineering” organised by Lukhdhirji Engineering College, More, Gujarat, 16th June 2015.
- Lecture on “Design and Sustainability” at TEQIP program on “Creative Learning Methods in Technical Education Design” organised by Department of Design, IIT Guwahati, 11th Nov to 15th Nov, 2014.
- Invited for a case study presentation of the novel technique based on “electric field induced cancer drug extraction” at CII – NID Design Summit 2010.
- Departmental Posgraduate Program Committee Member Secretary (November 2021 - till date)
- Associate Warden, Subansiri Hostel, IIT Guwahati (March 2022 - till date)
- Department representative to Department AER Connect Committee (DACC) (November 2020 - March 2022)
- Organising Secretary, Antaaya 2021 - Symposium on Design Education organised by Department of Design
- Committee for Horticulture Contract (October 2020 - 2021)
- Finance & Accounts committee of Ishanaya, Festival of Design, Technology and Art (2019)
- Alumni meet committee of Ishanaya, Festival of Design, Technology and Art (2019)
- Department TEQIP co-ordinator (August 2018 - till date)
- Co-ordinator of Student Networking Team for 6th International Conference on Research into Design - ICoRD 2017 organized by IISc Bangalore, hosted by IIT Guwahati
- Departmental time-table co-ordinator (May 2015 - August 2018)
- Keynote - Sustainable technologies for post COVID world, Northeast Green Summit 2021
- Panelist - Pedagogy, Industry & Social responsibility Panelist - Pedagogy, Industry & Social responsibility, THINK IN - Sustainable Design & Humanism - A road map from Industry 4.0 to Society 5.0 organized by National Institute of Design Madhya Pradesh (NIDMP), 2019.
- Paper presentation - Motivation for Do-It-Yourself in Rural Base of the Pyramid Communities and the Changing Landscape, 7th International Conference on Research into Design - ICoRD 2019 organized by IISc Bangalore, 2019.
- Paper presentation - Teaching Design for Sustainability for Socio-economic ecosystems - Three Case Studies, 7th International Conference on Research into Design - ICoRD 2019 organized by IISc Bangalore, 2019.
- Roundtable on Innovations in Public Service Delivery, Festival of Innovation organised by National Innovation Foundation at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, 2017
- Paper presentation - Consumer Preferences & Value Proposition Disconnect - Assam Rattan and Bamboo Furniture Industry, 6th International Conference on Research into Design - ICoRD 2017 organized by IISc Bangalore, hosted by IIT Guwahati, 2017.
- Paper presentation - Challenges to Sustainable Growth of the Micro-Scale Kuhila Craft Industry of India, 6th International Conference on Research into Design - ICoRD 2017 organized by IISc Bangalore, hosted by IIT Guwahati, 2017.
- Paper presentation - Giving voice to the farmers, machine operators, local service providers and small scale manufacturers in designing scale-appropriate agro-machinery for Rural Bangladesh: A Case study, Third International Conference on Creativity and Innovations at (for/from/with) Grassroots - ICCIG3, organised by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, 2015.